cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fogged windows

SteveR58
Explorer
Explorer
I have a RV that has the typical bad windows produced by SE-GI and am trying to determine a course of action regarding their replacement.

Has anyone used Acrylic or Lexan to replace the existing side windows in their RV?

I heard about this somewhere and was wondering what the pros and cons were to using it instead of the double pane windows that seem to plague the industry by fogging or creeping seals in between the 2 panes of glass.
3 REPLIES 3

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is the place in Palm Harbor, FL. Rv window repair

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Dave Root in Oregon sells kits for repairing dual pane windows.
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable 😛
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
double pane will keep you cooler and warmer less noise. I have the same company and re-did myself. For 8 windows around $250 for all several years ago. 1 st one will take you half day and after that two easy per day. There are also a company in Florida and I think Oregon that does the same thing for around $200 plus per window.

When i took mine apart the reason they leak was not enough mastic around the windows in the corners. So they leak, I use a product design for homes and it does seal well and then you seal it again with a high end sealant. I sure some one will chime in with the name of the company.