Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel Charges

Thomas_Schwaige
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
What have I been missing??:S

The other day I fuel up at a Love's over at the Truck side (since the pump's faster and I don't want to block the car pumps with my motorhome and trailer in tow).
But the lady at the counter tells me I shouldn't have been over here with an RV because the fuel costs 8c more due to commercial fuel tax.

I've been doing this for over ten years and nobody ever told me:E

Are there any fuel cards that would eliminate this? ( I do have the rewards cards).
Thanks,
Thomas
6 REPLIES 6

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gooding. R wrote:
Check out the Pilot/Flying J card. I have used it for about 6 years now. RV fuel is 5 ct off gas and 9ct off diesel. This price is off the cash price. And used at all Pilot/Flying J. truck-auto or RV lanes. This may be what you are looking for.
. Is this a credit card or just a gas card you can pick up at any Pilot stations?

MrWizard
States have their own tax structure beyond the federal road taxes
States like Az have major traffic and road use, but not the industrial tax base that created the use, the commercial transport coming and going cross country..
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Thomas_Schwaige
Explorer
Explorer
ivylog, why AZ or OR?

Different states shouldn't have different commercial fuel charge structures, or do they?

Thomas_Schwaige
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Thank you, I also have had those for many years (although not the Love's card yet).
So this would mean after the discount it would still be 1ct cheaper per gallon for truck diesel. (unless it's really only cash and credit card purchases don't apply).

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like you were in AZ or OR. Using GasBuddy I can save a lot more than 9c by going a couple blocks further from the interstate.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Pilot/Flying J card. I have used it for about 6 years now. RV fuel is 5 ct off gas and 9ct off diesel. This price is off the cash price. And used at all Pilot/Flying J. truck-auto or RV lanes. This may be what you are looking for.