cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generator Slide Out '98 Monaco Dynasty ?

cotten31
Explorer
Explorer
I'm leaking fluid from the piston that opens/closes the generator slide.
It's the front part of the piston where the inner rod meets the outer cylinder. I don't have manuals. It's a '98 Monaco Dynasty.

1. Anyone know what type of fluid is needed?
2. Can this be repaired or does it need to be replaced?
3. Any suggestion on where I can find the part?

Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4

azpete
Explorer
Explorer
look at the end of the cylinder that the rod passes thru. does it look like it will screw off? hwh did build some room and generator slide cylinders that can be rebuilt. just replace the o-ring that is on the end of the rod. make sure its neoprene. after you fix it, just leave it detached and run it a few times to bleed the air from lines. the fluid is atf dexron any brand

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would try sucking some power steering repair fluid into the cylinder by pushing the rod in with the line in the repair fluid.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Gadget_Guy1
Explorer
Explorer
Take the piston to a hydraulic shop and have them replace the seals. Should an easy fix.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Regular Dextron tranny fluid. Monaco used a few different hyd systems for the Gen slide. HWH was one. You should be able to call Monaco with your VIN number and they should tell you who made it and if it is still available. Also, any good Hydraulic shop can rebuild it. Doug