cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heat & AC t-stat

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have an '03 Itasca Spirit. The t-stat is a RV Comfort NC ColemanMack. On AC the differential is 2*. Is there any way to change it to 1* ?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, with the 2* difference, it does seem to get too cool and then too hot, which is why I tried the 1* setting. If your works better with the 1*, then use it. In my case, it caused problems. A small fan helps somewhat, ad we use one or two electric heaters with fans most of the time, and the furnace if the heater can't hold the temp.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
Let us try some real numbers.

Say you set the heat to 73 and the cool to 74.

The heat comes on at 72 and runs till it hits 74.

The cool comes on at 75 and runs till it hits 73.

Usually, the temp continues to either climb or slide a little after the unit turns off.

If the heat cuts off at 74, but climbs to 75 before it stabilizes, the cool suddenly comes on.

If the cool cuts off at 73, but slides to 72 before it stabilizes, the heat suddenly comes on.

This is a no win situation. Even a 2* difference is cutting it close. I keep a 5* difference, and use a jacket if it gets cool. I use 69* for heat and 74* for cool.

Not on a non-programable t-stat because you MUST manually change a switch from heat to cool and back.

Dusty

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Let us try some real numbers.

Say you set the heat to 73 and the cool to 74.

The heat comes on at 72 and runs till it hits 74.

The cool comes on at 75 and runs till it hits 73.

Usually, the temp continues to either climb or slide a little after the unit turns off.

If the heat cuts off at 74, but climbs to 75 before it stabilizes, the cool suddenly comes on.

If the cool cuts off at 73, but slides to 72 before it stabilizes, the heat suddenly comes on.

This is a no win situation. Even a 2* difference is cutting it close. I keep a 5* difference, and use a jacket if it gets cool. I use 69* for heat and 74* for cool.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Out T-stat is near the ceiling cold air grille and near hot air ducts, cycles on and off too frequently. Dumb design, would probably be better if installed in rear bed area.

ronfisherman
We use a fan to circulate air in MH. This helps to keep air at a more constant. Location of the thermostat has a lot to do with how well temperature is controlled in MH.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
But at 2* it gets too cool before it turns off, and then too warm before it restarts.

Dusty

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about your, but I tried changing to 1* on my Dometic thermostat. The change worked, but the system cycled on and off too much too fast. Also got a funny clicking sound from front AC. Dometic said set it back to 2* and that would cure the problem. I did, and it did.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.