cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the top cover off a Coleman Delta TX A/C?

Ham_Radio_HF_Mo
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning;

How do you remove the plastic cover off a Coleman Type 6769 Delta TX roof mounted air conditioner?

I have removed the acorn nuts off the studs and lifted it up about two inches, but then it seems to hit something at the front, and there is not enough clearance at the back to allow me to swing the cover up over the condenser to remove the cover. Is there some special process or maneuver to get the cover to come off? The light beige colored plastic top part seems to be glued to the brown lower part, so I cannot lift that off to see what is happening underneath.

Enjoy, and thank you;

Ralph
Latte Land, Washington
Ham Radio HF Mobile
2 REPLIES 2

Ham_Radio_HF_Mo
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning, Fred;

OK. I tried that, and there is not enough clearance to lift the back up and have it swing up and clear the top of the condenser.

This cover really is a snug fit. And I have thought of another possibility: There are two flapper doors on the front of the air conditioner that may be positioned mainly by gravity when the exhaust fan is not running. It may be that one (or both) of them are hanging open a bit, and that is what is catching on the edge of the cover. I think that I will try parking the motor home on a hill facing uphill, and see if gravity will swing the flapper doors closed, and provide the needed room to lift off the cover. This is turning out to be an interesting task.

Enjoy, and thank you;

Ralph
Latte Land, Washington
Ham Radio HF Mobile

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

Try this. Let the front end down, and pull it rearward, then bring up the rear end, to clear the condenser, and then pull off all the way, sliding it forward just as soon as the rear part is above the condenser.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com