cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new shifter cable for my 1992 Rockwood

Johnny_on_Wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there. Can anyone help me in finding a shifter cable for a 1992, 34 ft. Rockwood motorhome. The motorhome has a 454 Chevy engine and it sits on a P-30 chassis. Chevy no longer manufactures this part, so I'm looking for a used shifter cable. Any suggestions? Thanks very much!

Johnny on Wheels in Houston, Texas
5 REPLIES 5

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have no luck on used check a company called Lokar in Tenn. They make custom shifters and pedal assembly's. I used their kits and cables on almost every custom car we built.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
BTW for any used parts needed, I'd contact COLAW Salvage in Carthage MO (Joplin area). They're a big'un and are always worth contacting first.

COLAW RV sales is next door it's a big'un too.

Johnny_on_Wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there! Thanks so much for your advice. Yes, I think that's the best option and I'll go ahead and do that.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take it out and go to your local boat shop and they can make you one. Call some before you run to them. If not look on-line. Have replace many that was made to fit. You also have some good RV places around you and just a tad North of Houston.

Just called a friend at the auto parts store and they have kits, that you make by adding a end. You must have your old one in hand to get the right length. Do not lose your fitting since you most likely will re-use them.

vidotchis
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for a used shifter cable then you can find it on eBay.