cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I95 Weigh Station in Maryland

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier today we were driving on I95 south to our destination in Williamsburg, VA. There is a weigh station on the south bound lane in Maryland right before crossing the Susquehanna River. As we approached the weigh station there was a sign staring, "All vehicles over 5T must enter weigh station". I never see anything other than commercial vehicles at these weigh stations on I95.

Did something change that they really mean ALL Vehicles over 5T?
17 REPLIES 17

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is a link from AAA: Weigh stations per state

Some state specifically exclude RV's and some do not. Some say all vehicles over a certain weight.
That said, I have to say that I have personally driven through most all of these states and never once did I pull in to a weigh station. That does not mean that I was not required to by law but it may just mean that they did not care to enforce the law at that time. Who knows what they did the next day. Remember, it is all about the money and there may be a time when the states DO enforce their laws and start issuing expensive tickets for failing to stop at a weigh station.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I would think they mean All vehicles over 5 ton and pull in if I was that heavy.

Let them explain to me if I am exempt when the sign says ALL VEHICLES.

There is probably an exception for private vehicles, but that is not what the sign says.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Let them come and get ya.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu