cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior wall covers

mercedesme28
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older Rig and of course the walls are preformed wallpaper is there a way of covering that either with paint, ( with out looking stupid and cheap) or is the best way to cover them as with the laminate or a wood veneer ?
Thanks for any insight
4 REPLIES 4

kgragert
Explorer
Explorer
I used KILZ for the primer, (also helps seal in odors)
Regular interior house paint over that.

I used the KILZ primer inside all the drawers, cabinets, on the walls, it seals in any color or stain that might bleed through.
It makes a nice base for paint.
I thought when I retired my Hobby would be RVing.
I was wrong, my Hobby apparently is Finding and stopping leaks.

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Another question to add to this subject....

Would a certain type of paint have be used, in consideration that the unit will be flexing while in motion? Or, will standard interior primers and paints work? (I'm thinking that they will, but not 100% sure.)
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
I am a retired paper hanger. You can paint a primer over RV panels and then paint over the walls. Once painted, faux paint the walls to give in a two demensional look. Do a Google search to learn how to faux paint. Lots of info on the subject.

Note: stick house wallpaper is not made for RV's, it will tear or rip off with normal flexing when traveling. You can wallpaper a mobile home, as it is stationary.
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

kgragert
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of people paint the walls of older RV's.
I would think that whether it looked cheap or not would depend on the painter. ๐Ÿ™‚

And no it does't look stupid. Like I said it's very common on older RV's and Travel Trailers
I thought when I retired my Hobby would be RVing.
I was wrong, my Hobby apparently is Finding and stopping leaks.