cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itasca Spirit 22R and toad?

JenniferW
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the early stages of shopping for a small class C that could tow a tiny car. I can't find the actual weight of the newer Itasca Spirit 22R. Could someone help me figure out if I could tow something under 3,000lbs?Itasca 22r specs
Full time from March 2010 to July 2011.
Solo trip to Africa in 2011
Single mom by choice April 2012
Looking to get BACK on the road with my baby boy

My YouTube Channel: Jennifer's YouTube Channel
My Blog: www.livinginmycar.com
4 REPLIES 4

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess that 22R is somewhere around 9,000#, give or take a few hundred pounds. It looks like with the 5.4L engine, there is only a1,500# difference between the GVWR and the GCWR. The V10 has the full 7,000# difference that Ford rates the cab and chassis for, but I would assume Itasca rates it for 5,000# towing, with probably a 350# tongue weight limit, which naturally wouldn't be a concern pulling a toad.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's too bad the E450 chassis was not offered as a option for the Spirit 22R. That chassis would have provided more margin on braking and a lower differential gear ratio - both better for towing.

I've researched it and believe the Spirit 24 footer was about the smallest Winnebago built Class C that was ever offered with the E450 option.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
To pull a toad I'd get the V10 engine. The 5.4 could probably do it but, it will work harder. The V10, either one, will not struggle to pull a toad on a motorhome that short.

mr61impala
Explorer
Explorer
It may depend mostly upon which engine it has.
Shopping for Travel Trailer