cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco quesions

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess I can't make up my mind what I want. We have had in this order from 1982?: Cabover, Class C, big gap & then retired, 5th wheel, 5th wheel, cabover. The wife is having issues with the stairs in the 5th and refuses to travel with "my" cabover because of the steps. At first I thought about a TT, but she reminded me that another issue is she needs to walk around because her feet swell so bad while riding. So now maybe a motorhome?
I've looked at diesel pushers and just don't think we want to put that much money in a toy. Even have looked at lightly used. So it's either a new or very lightly used gas A or a new C.
Currentky looking at Jayco C Greyhawks, mostly the 29MV. Likes: the bed slide allows a decent wardrobe, the refrig is not in a slide (better convection), both slides are relatively lightweight. The RV is small enough to get in smaller sites in state & nat parks.
Questions...the 12 cu ft refrig is optional but you lose the pantry, any thoughts on this trade-out? I'm leaning to the 8cu ft w/pantry. The roof is advertised as fiberglass, is this chopper gun (marine) fiberglass or thin glass bonded to luan plywood. Is it walkable?
Any comments on Jayco are welcome. My perception it is mid-pack on quality.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive
15 REPLIES 15

yellowdog00
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are considering the same jump to a Class C and specifically the 29MV.
For what it's worth, we will go for two options, the 12 cf fridge and 2 AC units. We use our existing 12 cf fridge and freezer space in fiver way more than pantry space. We can get by with using existing storage for dry food. We also like the power mgt that Jayco uses to allow 2 ACs while still having 30 amp service.

I love my existing fiver but have not liked the restrictions we have in the parks, sites and power options we have to have to accommodate it. My wife also has some impending health issues on the horizon that make the Class C a better fit.

Google the camper you are looking at as there are some good videos that describe it well. We have also seen it in person and we like it.
2016 Jayco North Point 301RETS, Pullrite SuperGlide
2015 Ram 3500 SRW CC 6.4 Hemi 4.10