cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JRV 9000 Radio problem

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
I just hah a new JVR 9000 Radio installed to replace my original Jensen, everything seemed to work except when I use Bluetooth to make a call they can not hear me. It's like the microphone isn't working. I can hear them but they can't me. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Thanks for the update, glad you got it fixed.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
My prior post should have said I found that the microphone was not installed.

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
Update, I that my radio had not had the microphone plugged into the back of the radio when it was installed at the dealership that was what the problem was. I took out the radio and plug the microphone lead into the back of the radio and now it works fine.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
plattpd60 wrote:
It must have because it needs one to use Bluetooth. I will have to call Jensen Radio.

Uh. that is an ASSUMPTION (assume -u-) No it does not need a mic to use Bluetooth.. BT works both ways.. You can BT audio to a headset or earpiece so it does not disturb the neighbors OR You can connect to your phone as a SPEAKER only or as a Speaker/Mic Some Radios may let you connect as speaker only using the phone's mic or may go 2-way using an external mic usually over the driver's head (in a car it clips onto the visor)

Almost never will the mic be built into the radio. (if ever)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
My guess is that the original jensen was not Bluetooth and so you never had a microphone. The new one should have come with one that needed to be routed/installed somewhere. If the installer didn't put it in, you don't have a microphone. I would check with Jensen or your box to see if it had one, wherever you bought the radio, and/or the installer.

The specs on the unit say this:
Built-in Bluetoothยฎ with external microphone (A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/PBAP)

External microphone here is the key. If it wasn't installed, you don't have one. I poked around on Amazon and one user complained that their Microphone came unplugged and Jensen said it's a common problem.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

plattpd60
Explorer
Explorer
It must have because it needs one to use Bluetooth. I will have to call Jensen Radio.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have the external microphone connected to the head unit? The manual doesn't make it at all clear to me that it has--or does not have--any built-in microphone.