cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Living in a Covered RV

Keeter59
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 40 foot diesel pusher that I live in full-time. Is there a cover made that would allow me to still live in the RV while the cover is on? Obviously it would need door/window openings and would have to be "breathable." I have basement AC.
Thanks,
KLH
17 REPLIES 17

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't that kind of like putting plastic coverings on the couch?
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
ADCO makes covers with zippered roll-up panels on the passenger side. If your furnace, fridge, and water heater exhaust ports are all on that side, it might do what you want. The photo below shows our 33' Coachmen covered for the winter of 2010 in Upstate NY. The furnace and fridge are uncovered and useable, as well as the door, and rolling up the panel to the left would uncover the water heater, if needed. Rolling up the panel to the right would uncover another couple of windows if desired. In the cold weather, the breathable cover material is enough to allow the fridge fumes to escape the vent if it were running on LP. Either way, the small amount of heat from the fridge is not a problem. Obviously, the roof AC's were not a concern to us...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's the purpose of covering it if you're going to have large openings open for the door, windows and probably for the air conditioning? Are you trying to cover the roof because it leaks?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.