cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maine

sunnybrooktoyha
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone suggest a good CG in Moosehead Lake Maine. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

NHwanderlust
Explorer
Explorer
A little to the west is the Rangley Lakes area. The state park there is nice but my all time favorite campground is South Arm Campground on Richardson Lake. www.SouthArm.com If you have a boat, canoe, or kayak it's wonderful. It's at the very south end of the lake but if you can get up the lake there are some wonderful beaches and places to pull out. They do run some tours up the lake in their pontoon boat. Besides the campground they have some wilderness tent sites up the lake. When our daughter was young we would rent the one on Pine Island for a week. My idea of heaven.

Flanz
Explorer
Explorer
sunnybrooktoyhauler wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good CG in Moosehead Lake Maine. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, if you want to go to Moosehead you'll have to stay away from the lake. At least that was my experience when we wanted to go back a few years ago. It appears that the campgrounds on the lake sold out to Condo/Home developers. We stayed on the lake around the 1996 or so time frame and enjoyed ourselves, but the campground now has Condo's on it. Another campground sold out to a hunting lodge.

If you find a campground on the lake, please post it OR send me a PM because we would love to go back.

-paul

Dennyf
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago we were there and stayed at Lily Bay state campground and found it to be very nice.
ADIRONDACK CAMPER[purple][/purple]:R