cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco Class A - 1983 - project

10berna10
Explorer
Explorer
hello guys i'm new here in the community and i bought my first Monaco motorhome 83 class a, i would like some help if possible: 1 - where can i buy parts for an old motorhome? 2 I would like to change the electrical part (generator to solar panel) - in this topic your will be to open my mind. 3 if I paint the outside would I have to change the document in the dmv?

2 REPLIES 2

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
1- depends on the parts.... if it's chassis parts, check with the chassis manufacturer and auto parts places like Autozone or NAPA For appliance parts, figure out what you need and the manufacturer and google it. For Body parts, you are sort of on your own, but if you search for RV salvage yards, there are about a half dozen large ones that may be able to help

2 - As the previous post said, add solar.... there are lots of experienced solar people on this forum... I'm not one of them

3 - I' not familiar with CA. motor vehicle rules... check with the local office

Good luck on your project.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
2. Instead of changing from generator to solar, just add solar. Then youโ€™ll be set for cloudy days and days you need air conditioning.

Do a complete roof maintenance and repair before you mount any solar panels.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad