cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

monitoring system

grannyg
Explorer
Explorer
thinking of buying monitoring system for 2002 Kountry Star all 6 tires. What is a good brand and anything I should be on the lookout for. thanks before hand
9 REPLIES 9

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
BobtheFisher wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Our TST 507 standard sensor system has been flawless since we got it in 2013. The sensor batteries last at least a year, and are easily replaced at less than $1 each. TST's customer service is excellent...

We have the same and have had the same experience. I keep a few extra batteries in my tool box in case one or more get depleted while we travel.

Yep, I buy a 10-pack on Amazon and use them as needed.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

BobtheFisher
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Our TST 507 standard sensor system has been flawless since we got it in 2013. The sensor batteries last at least a year, and are easily replaced at less than $1 each. TST's customer service is excellent...

We have the same and have had the same experience. I keep a few extra batteries in my tool box in case one or more get depleted while we travel.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
gsf35099 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

X2.

X3
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same fear of not knowing if a tire was having pressure problems so I decided to buy the TST system back in 2008. Maybe it was an early system and not perfected but I had awful problems with it.

I never used my tire compressor more than when I had that system on my tires. During that time, I had two sensors go bad and were quickly replaced by customer service. The sensors would cause the tires to lose air. The repeater antenna never worked right for my tow vehicle.

I ended up taking the whole system off and just checked my tire pressures every morning before departure. I could have picked up a nail and had a failure but I was lucky and never had a problem checking them myself.

I gave the system away to someone here on rv.net, I just threw them in a box and mailed them to the guy who said he would take them. A big waste of $500.

Our new coach has the system built-in with the sensors inside the tires.

For those on the Prevost site that I frequent, they all seem to like Pressure Pro.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:

X2.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a system from Tire Minder. I am really impressed with the ease of installation and the display. Their customer service is excellent and based here in the U. S. I am a 64 year old female. With the help from their customer service that walked me through the installation, I had the system set up in five minutes. It has never dropped a signal on me. Fantastic company and product!

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Pressure Pro since 2017. No real problems.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a TST 507 flow through and for the most part it works ok. I did have to replace one of the sensors twice as it became corroded inside. TST was great about replacing it for free. One sensor still drops periodically and every now and again I get a wonky temp reading on one, but for the most part it's pretty good.
2013 ACE 29.2