cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mystery Leak & Inoperative Fridge - related?

Big_Blue
Explorer
Explorer
Good Afternoon & Greetings to all;

I need your assistance, suggestions and experience.

New owner of a 2008 Winnebago Destination, the 39 footer with a diesel pusher. Barely over 20,000 miles. Bought it over eBay, flew down to inspect and close the deal on first/last Class A. The coach was immaculately maintained in show room condition.

As with any vehicle that is six years old, there are minor nuisance issues within my wheelhouse of experience. (Been RV'ing over the past 19 years through two pop-up tent trailers, a travel trailer & a fifth wheel.)

This situation has me briefly stumped and perhaps you may have experienced a similar situation and can guide me towards resolution.

The problem appears to be isolated to the passenger slide out. (There is another nearly unrelated issue on the drivers side.) This is not a chassis/engine issue, but is a coach concern. With the slide out, and refrigerator has been on, when closing the coach, there is a flood of water onto the floor by the door. The top side of the slide is dry.

Then the Norcold refrigerator, Model 1211IM goes into fault code L1.OP. According to Norcold, the unit has been repaired under the infamous recall, so no real help there. We went out this weekend anyways, after buying an ice chest. So the fridge wasn't run. It had been running on shore power before the fault cold, so the upper freezer compartment had chilled while the lower compartment remained warm.

But when closing the passenger slide today, there was still a minor water spill. It hadn't rained over the weekend, with a high pressure weather system, there was little dew to condense into hidden areas, yet, the problem remains.

What I am thinking is that there is a blocked drainage hose to the rear of the fridge. I have looked into both upper and lower exterior access points. They are both dusty dry.

My next steps, after reposting this over onto another forum are to thoroughly research all known knowledge on the Winnebago Destination and the Norcold Refrigerator history.

What are your thoughts?
Bob & Patty Smith
both USAF Retired
16 REPLIES 16

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, There are two major Fridge makers for RF's. Norcold and Dometic

In both cases inside the fridge under the fins SHOULD be a pan, full width, solid bottom save for a funnel shaped hole that drips into a drip cup, this cup is connected via a plastic tube to the outside compartment.

On a Norcold it should rest in a cup on the outside (Evaporation cup) near the burner side of the fridge,,,

On a Dometic the tube is supposed to be extended out the vent so it drips, drips, drips on the ground.

IF the tube is not in the cup, or out the vent, then it drips on the bottom of the outside compartment.. This can cause issues with the electronics that live there, even if its only the connection board.

Same if the hose is broken.

It could also cause your leak.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
When I had a similar issue with mystery water it was a pinhole leak in the plastic line feeding the ice maker. It's happened twice so I keep the necessary repair items in the lower outside fridge compartment.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.