cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Shocks

3Lakes_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
After owning my 94 Beaver Acclaim for 3 years, and 9000 miles, I decided to replace the shocks. The coach drove very well, but had a bit of wallow, challenging to drive in the wind, and passing trucks would push me around. It has a Spartan MM Chassis, with what I believe the original Bilstein shocks.

I decided on the Koni shocks for replacement. The new 99 Series EVO on the front, and the 88 Series adjustables for the rear.

Wow, what a difference. Just got home from a 2500 mile trip. No more top heavy feel, Much, much better driving in the wind, and passing trucks have little or no effect.

Just thought I'd share this info.

Steve
2 REPLIES 2

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
On our Monaco Camelot, I just finished installing Bilsteins today and it was not the worst job. 3 hours for the front, 4 hours for rear and the ride is excellent from a 2 hour test drive! No more banging over pavement patches or uneven pavement.
That is for 8 shocks.

Tip for anyone deciding to tackle it themselves and have the stud top: mount get a nut splitter and just crease the nut, you don't need to split it. Every top stud nut spun right off with my short handle rachet.
Also it is tight under there! I am only 160# and found that I just don't bend as well as I use to!
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
know three lakes well. I put koni fsd's on my 38Q gas and it was a big improvement. The Bilteins are too stiff for me.