cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

North Platte Nebraska

HouseFamily
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a favorite RV campground in North Platte.....would like to be close to the river .......35 ft RV....2 pets
6 REPLIES 6

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
We stayed at the Buffalo Bill Ranch State Recreation campground. Nothing real fancy and only about 30 sites but the cost was reasonable and they did have 30 and 50 amp service. It is a few miles away from the train yard. Obviously you do not mind the noise from the trains or you wouldn't even be considering staying in North Platte. Enjoy

Stayed there in 2006. Water spicket every 3rd site and no dump station on the grounds.
Hopefully the services have improved by now.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed here

We stayed at Holiday park.

Bailey Train Yard

A couple miles from the campground is the largest railroad yard in America. It's funny you posted this thread now because I was wearing my T-shirt from the train yard today.

You sit on the 7th floor of a tower building and look down on the yard as retired engineers answer questions about railroading.

Great place if you like trains!!!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
Just left Kearney RV Park three days ago. It was very clean,quiet,full hook ups,very nice shower and laundry room, friendly staff.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
There is a city campground called Cody Park. Very convenient in town location. Stayed there two years ago. Fun place.

Cody Park
๐Ÿ™‚

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at the Buffalo Bill Ranch State Recreation campground. Nothing real fancy and only about 30 sites but the cost was reasonable and they did have 30 and 50 amp service. It is a few miles away from the train yard. Obviously you do not mind the noise from the trains or you wouldn't even be considering staying in North Platte. Enjoy

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only one we've stayed in there is the Holiday Trav'l Park, but we've always been just passing through, not staying. Nothing special, but they do have some sites you'll fit into, and lots of shade trees.

If Kearney isn't too far away for you, you might consider Ft Kearny State Rec Area. We found a site for our 34' TT there. Space between sites, shade, etc. I'd recommend reserving a site, especially for weekends.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375