cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oasis front door awning

charlesterry
Explorer
Explorer
Heard a rattle. Thought it was the door on my 06 Mountainair. Turns out it's the awning. Found a tree limb (small) had lodged in the top while trying to close. Stretched the awning? Need to tighten the length of the awning or something. Can the slack in the awning be taken up some how?
4 REPLIES 4

charlesterry
Explorer
Explorer
Don I cannot thank you enough for the picture and your reply. I have been playing with the adjustment slides and your right, a small (1/8 inch increment makes a large difference. I will look at the other adjustment you mentioned. The branch seems to have caused the motor to slip and now, that slipped finish is where it stops which leaves a small distance of travel yet to close the awning all the way. I'll try more tomorrow. My first time here. Where was the internet during the first 3 motorhomes???

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm assuming it's on one end so with it all the way out put something (electrical tape folded over several times) under the hem on the loose end so you increase it's diameter.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
If you're talking about the material getting floppy once you extend the awning all the way, here is what I found.

If you stand under the awning, with it open, facing the door, look up toward the roller in the upper left corner. You'll see a hole that accepts an allen wrench with a red +/- arrow around the hole. I believe turning in the direction of the negative arrow, tightens up the material.

In your second post, you added a rattle....that requires adjusting the 7/16 nut adjustment on the arm. This time, while under the open awning, facing away from the door, look up where the arms attach at both ends of the outer cover, the part that is not fitting and rattling. There is a 7/16 lock nut that you loosen. It allows the arms to slide out farther on the outer cover. The farther out you slide the arm, the tighter the cover closes. This takes small adjustments on both sides and can be aggravating. Here is a photo of the nut you need to loosen. Mark it's position with a sharpie and move in small increments. Changing one side too much, moves the cover either too far back or forward and it won't seat like it should.

Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

charlesterry
Explorer
Explorer
Can the motor be turned some how that will take up slack in the front door awning? Won't close up tight and rattles. Tree limb fell onto awning and then closed it. Anyone?