cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Onan 7500 Air Breather Flex Hose

Ccoddou
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 1996 Winnebago Vectra Grand Tour (Turbo Diesel). The engine works great but my front-mounted Onan 7500 has me stumped. When I open the "hood", there is a canister mounted to the right directly on top of the radiator brace. I noticed a flex hose (light rubber impregnated with cloth fibers). The hose comes off the canister, to the passenger side and drops down out of sight. I noticed that the hose has a gaping hole that spans half the diameter of the hose. The canister also has an inlet with nothing attached to it. I assume its an inlet because, when I cover the hole in the hose, I get suction from the open inlet. I have read around and found that the canister may be my air filter housing. The canister is cylindrical in shape and is roughly the size of a small football. The canister has no fasteners that would allow me to open and access the inside. I also read that some are a one-time use only and I would have to purchase the whole assembly. I have "googled" every photo known to man and I have only seen one canister that vaguely resembles what I have and its a military version of and Onan aircraft generator.

1. Can someone please confirm that what I have read is true?
2. Can someone tell me what (missing) part covers the inlet side of this device?
3. Can someone get me a part number for the replacement hose?

-It is an old Onan 7500 (front mount/diesel) with no visible markings.
-The outlet is roughly 2" and the inlet is roughly 1-1/2".

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Ccoddou
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
If you turned it the other way with the small opening on the top, it looks like a aircraft oil vapor catch can.

If I cut the end off, I could use it as a drinking cup. ๐Ÿ™‚

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
If you turned it the other way with the small opening on the top, it looks like a aircraft oil vapor catch can.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Timster
Explorer
Explorer
dont know if this will help or not,but on an Onan 5500 the airbox has a winter and summer setting,on the winter setting the air comes from a tube like you explain that goes in behind the engine to draw warm air,the hose is not connected to anything.