cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions of this coach.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Friends are shopping, what are your opinions of this coach, Equipment. price ? gotcha's ?
Monaco Executive
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
34 REPLIES 34

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
They were asking $91,500 in an early ad. The price has been steadily going down since. 2001 Monaco

It is unfortunate that even with a nice coach like this, if you want to sell it you practically have to give it away. On this coach the average yearly depreciation was over $22,000. The depreciation alone cost over $4.50 per mile, not counting fuel, maintenance, insurance, and any other expenses they encountered in 14 years of travel and 67,700 miles.

That's understood on RVs. They're well known to depreciate massively over time.

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Should have made the post a day earlier.
I was in Vegas on 16th and could check it.

" have this gem of a coach stored in a very hard to find, clean 12' X 80' covered storage unit with gated security in Las Vegas (Henderson) Nevada."

He makes sure no one can drive by and confirm.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should have made the post a day earlier.
I was in Vegas on 16th and could check it.

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's scam, who says something like this in an ad? "Call and you will find out I'm one of your fellow Americans" and "I will accept phone calls and you will hear the voice of the private owner."

It's been flagged and removed from other craigslist ads. And the fact that at least one of photos is lifted off google.

Here is the real ad and it sold.

This ad says it's in Arizona

Notice the road surface in the photos? It changes colors and cracks disappear, then of course it changes from concrete to blacktop. In one photo it's on a dead end and in another there is nothing behind it.

Be careful calling unknown phone numbers you can be charged crazy fees on some of those numbers, is it me or did the 511-844-3272 phone number disappear?

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
Well anyone looking to spend 90k on a used coach could certainly spring $300 for a ticket to LV to check it out!.

Oh Yeah ! that

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Well anyone looking to spend 90k on a used coach could certainly spring $300 for a ticket to LV to check it out!

The single slide configuration wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, unless you were planning to stay put a lot of the time. There are benefits to simplicity.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Koop wrote:
Sully2 wrote:
They use 8 cylinder engines?? Price is too high

I caught that too. He says it's a 500hp Cummins (probably a M11). Cummins doesn't make an 8 cylinder diesel for motorhomes.

Any of you ever have a typo?

We are not perfect, just forgiven. ๐Ÿ™‚

Koop
Explorer
Explorer
Sully2 wrote:
They use 8 cylinder engines?? Price is too high

I caught that too. He says it's a 500hp Cummins (probably a M11). Cummins doesn't make an 8 cylinder diesel for motorhomes.
Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS
400HP Cummins ISL

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
sh410 wrote:
The area code for Henderson NV is 707. The is no USA area code 511

Why does it matter what his area code is?

In this mobile age we can have any prefix and be any where we want to be.

When he has it in storage in Henderson, he will be required to show the coach, and produce a valid registration. What more can you ask?

Every thing gets fixed with money, it's just a matter of how much.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:

That number is also list as a SCAM number.

I'd still like to know where this list of scam numbers is located?

sh410
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
Scam 511-844-3272 Lima Peru

The area code for Henderson NV is 707. The is no USA area code 511

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
"That number is also list as a SCAM number." Not sure how you would know that. Just because it's listed in more than one city does not make it a scam.
All I can say is if you are seriously interested in this nice MH, call him and judge for yourself if it's a scam. I felt bad calling him when not really interested, but his ad and talking to him did not raise any red flags unlike the ones where you only Email them and they are out of the country and it can be shipped to you.
Just because he has a 907 number does not mean he's in AK and I should have asked where he was located.

Perfect, he may have been in Ak. when he bought his cell, (or Peru) but until you do your due diligence any Ad can be a scam.

I think I'd rather deal with this guy than many big discount dealers.

I see one 2000 Newmar on every Craig's list west of the Mississippi. and it is a dealer that puts up the Ad.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
"That number is also list as a SCAM number." Not sure how you would know that. Just because it's listed in more than one city does not make it a scam.
All I can say is if you are seriously interested in this nice MH, call him and judge for yourself if it's a scam. I felt bad calling him when not really interested, but his ad and talking to him did not raise any red flags unlike the ones where you only Email them and they are out of the country and it can be shipped to you.
Just because he has a 907 number does not mean he's in AK and I should have asked where he was located.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
MountainAir05 wrote:
Ivylog wrote:
I do not see anything strange about the pictures... yes a 14 year old Monaco can look that good. I do not have a problem with the ad referenced in the first post... he gives a phone number and a location... most scammers do not. The wording of the ad did not raise any red flags, so I called him. Yes he has it advertised in ten different cities. He speaks American English and I could hear his wife in the background. It has Hankook tires. He knew the correct answers to several other questions. It's not too good to be true.
His number is 907-398-4523 in AK

That number is also list as a SCAM number.

It is?

The name associated with the RV is Paul-

The number listed is also associated with a fishing guide, also named Paul. Fishing Guide.

It all fits together well. No scam.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.