cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Propane Connection??

CSteiner1020
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a brand new 33' Winnie Minnie. It has a small door that reveals an outside propane connection, supposedly so I can hook up a camp stove outside. In reading reviews on stoves (such as the RoadTrip model, etc.), it says you CAN'T connect a camp stove to a 30# propane tank because of the way it is regulated.

If you can't do it, why is there a connection on the camper? I'm SOOOO technology challenged...having a hard time understanding! I just want to be able to cook dinner outside.
16 REPLIES 16

CSteiner1020
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Does the Extend-a-Stay fasten to the fixed tank (inside the BIG door), or does it plug into the propane connection on the little door (that is ONLY a propane connector...nothing else in there). And where do you purchase this? I've done searches, but can't find a product called "Extend-A-Stay", although the search engine says it exists. Amazon links to tee-adapters.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's because the connection coming off of your RV is already regulated, and in order to hook up the road trip you have to connect the hose to the regulator that comes with the grill. You can't double-regulate.

If it's a fixed-mounted tank then you can get an Extend-a-Stay. It not only allows you to hook up a propane tank to your rig in the event the fixed tank goes empty, it also has an unregulated port for things like your road trip grill (you have to buy the hose separately). This is how I use my Road Trip grill with my motorhome. It works great.

If it's not a fixed tank then you'd theoretically need something in between the RV's connection and the tank that will give you an unregulated feed. I've never done that and I don't know if such a thing exists. Smarter people than I will chime in I'm sure.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)