cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive Insurance RSS

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
We have Progressive Ins. on the RV with Roadside Coverage at a cost of $29. I have never used Progressive RSS so I don't know any thing about it. I know $29 is not much but I got to checking what that $29 covers and it is'nt much.
Was wondering if it would be better to take that $29 and put it with a little more $ and get better coverage. A lot of people on here have Coach Net for coverage.
What do you think.
Thanks for all comments
3 REPLIES 3

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had Progressive and needed their RSS one time for a needed tow. The folks at Progressive were helpful and did lots of follow-up calls. The actual tow company took their sweet time getting there, Probably same company used by many providers as there are just so many to pick from.
If you are concerned about the lack of potential services then check out GoodSam.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Try calling the Progressive RSS number at 2am and asking them for tech support to fix your RV's furnace when it's 20deg.F outside. Coach-Net has certified RV tech's available 24/7 that will work with you on that sort of problem. Coach-Net and Good Sam/Allstate also include a variety of other services beyond basic road service.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
want-a-be wrote:
We have Progressive Ins. on the RV with Roadside Coverage at a cost of $29. I have never used Progressive RSS so I don't know any thing about it. I know $29 is not much but I got to checking what that $29 covers and it is'nt much.
Was wondering if it would be better to take that $29 and put it with a little more $ and get better coverage. A lot of people on here have Coach Net for coverage.
What do you think.
Thanks for all comments

This is going to be another Ford Vs Chevy question. I had coach net and they left me sitting roadside for several hours. I found my own road service with Google. I now have Good Sam and they have responded promptly and got me back on the road again. I'm sure you will also here the opposite from others. Bottom line is that they are probably all the same. Depends on time of day, answering center personnel and the area you are stuck. Good luck.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4