cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reliability of propane and water in slide

gme105
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy all! We're looking at buying our first RV and have narrowed the search to 30' class C's with a stationary walk around bed. One thing I've noticed on some (like the Four Winds/Chateau 28Z) is the stove and/or sink are in the dining room slide. That seems like a really bad idea as the propane, water and drain lines would have to flex a lot each time the slide moves. The other thing this does is add weight to the slide, adding strain on the slide motors and track assemblies. The question is, how reliable is that? Anyone have experience with a leak or failure in this type of design? Thanks!!
16 REPLIES 16

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of a problem with propane and water in a slide, as fulltimers, we have had our Phaeton almost 15 years without any problems. That is not to say those who own other brands haven't had any problems.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours has the sink, stove, and refer in the passenger side slide and has never had a leak or malfunction. I've been on this forum for many years and I don't recall anyone having an issue with appliances because of a slide movement. If there has been, someone will verify that.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata