cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing overhead tube tv??????

putzinaround
Explorer
Explorer
How do you remove the trim and get the tv out?
Nancy & Mike
76' Winnebago Itasca - gasser (retired w/fond memories)
97' 40' Newmar MADP :B - major upgrade from 76'er.
Toad - Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your year Newmar, 2 ways they installed the wood trim ring
1. You go thru the TV side overhead door compartments. There will be either 2 or 4-- 4 inch long screws thru the cabinet side into the wood frame. You remove those screws and the wood trim ring pulls out. Usually there is an overhead metal bracket you will see attached to the top of the TV and screwed into the ceiling of the TV cabinet and there will be 2 screws into the tv cabinet floor thru the TV mount feet. VERY HEAVY CRT TV. Have someone hold the TV when you remove the screws and you will have to have this person hold the TV while you disconnect the Power cord and Coax from the TV and wall receptacle.
2. IF you have the smaller TV, the wood trim ring had wood plugs on the front and you remove those plugs and unscrew the trim ring. Doug

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on be careful, they can be VERY heavy. I had a couple of younger stronger to get mine out, could never have handled it by myself. It was a 27" and weighed about 90 pounds. Replaced it with a 32" flatscreen that weighed less than 10 pounds. In our case, there is a wooden frame around the front that is held by wood screws behind almost invisible wooden plugs. But every brand does it different.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Be prepared to get help when you do get it loose. It will be surprisingly heavy and can hurt your back if you are not ready for the weight.
My TV had fasteners coming in from the bottom as well as the sides through the adjacent cabinets.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can tell you on my Monaco but not yours for sure. Look for the wooden hole buttons and take them out. Then behind them will be screws for the surround.

Now you will be on your own. Look for screws hidden in the cabinets next to the TV.

Pictures would help.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi