cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV windshield repair

norisezp
Explorer
Explorer
I recently started to look for someone in the Denver area to, I think the term is, reset my driver's side windshield. In so doing, I have twice been sucked into a system that seems to have been set up by insurance companies, but seems to me like a scam to sell replacement windshields. In both cases, I ended up talking, on the same call, to a "claims" representative of my insurance company to get the claim filed and who wanted to know if the damage was "bigger than a dollar bill". In the first case, I was encouraged by the sales (I guess) person to say yes, which I did. Having second thoughts about this, I called my insurance company and told them to cancel the claim. In the second case, I contacted a company recommended in another forum. They ran me through the same drill. The similarity of the two, and the size question bothered me, since I originally called about replacing the gasket around my windshield, not the glass. Can anyone comment on this and indicate whether I might be getting scammed? Also, if there is a good shop in Denver that will do what I want. I would much appreciate it.

Phil Norisez
15 REPLIES 15

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
Scammed? No, the shops in question were asking you to lie to your insurance company stating that you had a damaged windshield, which by what you have written you didn't have. They wanted you to state the damage was larger than a dollar, as that is the normal criteria used to declare that a windshield cannot be repaired and instead, must be replaced (new glass). The issue you describe was that your windshield needed to be reset. That is not an insurance item, but instead mechanical issue. Sounds like a call to your insurance company simply was getting them involved to have you avoid payment for the necessary mechanical service.
2012 American Coach Revolution