cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound deadening

MichMoose
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all.. New to class C. Used to pull 30 ft trailer with diesel VW. I am having a hard time getting used to the noise level of the 2016 Forrest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R. It is built rather well and I am not hearing noise from loose cabinet doors and such, but wind and road noise. I am sure the terrible roads here in Michigan is a big contributing factor. It is unreasonable to expect same kind of noise level as a car but I like to do as much as I can to reduce the noise. I have looked at insulating mat like Dynamat but there are only very small areas I can put that in. Underbody spray like Lizardskin would be more effective but I am hesitant to pull the trigger because of possible warranty implication and expense. Since RVers seems to be natural tinkerers, I am sure some of you may have done something about this. I like to draw on that knowledge and experience. Thank in advance.
15 REPLIES 15

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
Oftentimes, manufacturers aren't careful about rough opening sizes for perforations in the skin, vents, filler nossels, storage compartments, ect. Check for day light around these openings and between the shell and inner walls. You can spray expandable foam into these areas. It works as sound proofing as well as quieting many rattles. Keep a can around to fill voids you will find, even after your first or second survey.
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer