cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stabilizing a Class C

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I notice that many Class C's do not have automatic levelers and many just use blocks under the tires. My question is with the MH just being supported by the suspension how do you keep the MH from moving when you walk inside? Is the movement less in a shorter class C say 24 ft vs 30 ft? Is the movement less with a heavier suspension say 450 vs 350? Been looking at 24 ft MH's with a full wall slide. In my Class A I notice a lot of movement when the levelers are not extended.
21 REPLIES 21

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winnebago Bob wrote:
klutchdust wrote:
My 30ft Cambria is mostly stable without the levelers down but personally i would not be without them, especially on breezy or windy days.

Which model do you have?

Cambria

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a few when I was looking that had stabilizers like you see on trailers. Not for leveling, strictly for stabilizing after level. Would obviously be much cheaper to install.

Personally I was convinced I wanted levelers, but after using the motorhome for a few months I decided the movement doesn't bother me so I'm not going to get them. Yellow Legos for me!

I did install A Levelmate Pro though, which tells you exactly how many inches each wheel needs to be raised. I really like it, level first shot every time
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
My 30ft Cambria is mostly stable without the levelers down but personally i would not be without them, especially on breezy or windy days.

Which model do you have?
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Aspect 27K. Small slides both sides. 29'4" length. 10'4" height. Came with auto-levelers and we wouldn't be without them. They make our unit solid as a rock...
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the Sprinter based coaches have power rear stabilizer jacks included, or as an option, that can be deployed to help keep the coach from moving when people walk around inside. They're similar to some of the stabilizing jacks you'll see on either end of a travel trailer. Our '18 Navion has them, but really hasn't needed them in our travels, so far.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 24' 2012 Nexus E-350 C, no slides or levelers, I use the yellow Leggo blocks and they work just fine. Hardly any movement in the coach. The heavy duty Bilstein's probably help.

:C