cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steering worked then acted like no power steering

TomandCandy
Explorer
Explorer
Got home put motorhome over pit checked it out fluid everywhere easy right most likley hose leaking it sprayed good enough to spray fluid up under the gen gas tank ok cleaned every thing up added fluid can not get a repeat as to where the fluid came from steering working good but I would be happy with a what happened where? crazy this is on a 1996 spartan ec2000 motorhome what do you think?
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
True story.. What you describe happened to my mother every time she made a hard left turn.. Turns out there was a defect on something and it only showed up when she made a hard left. tore up the seal on teh power steering slave and that was that.

Took quite some time before a mechanic was hired by the new owner of the dealership who was smart enough to figure it out.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
When adding power steering fluid, you need to slowly go lock to lock to bleed the system to get all air out of the lines. If it is overfilled, it will burp out the excess fluid.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
You need to turn the wheels lock to lock and then observe.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

grumpy3b
Explorer
Explorer
Leak,I dunno but a reminder did you check the belt too? I overlooked that solution a while back,sooooo???