Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Super C Motor Home Questions

rollindownthero
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All.

I have some questions on Super C motor homes.

1) How long have they been around?
2) Are they all diesel?
3) How many full time in a Super C?
4) What is the towing capacity?
5) Any advantages of a Super C over a Class A or vise versa?

I have been investigating Class A gas, motor homes for full timing when I retire. Recently discovered the Super C's. I have looked at regular class C's but don't know if they would be big enough for me to full time in. It is just me but don't know if I would be comfortable in one or not.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
15 REPLIES 15

ronfisherman
rollindowntheroad wrote:
Hello All.

I have some questions on Super C motor homes.

1) How long have they been around?
2) Are they all diesel?
3) How many full time in a Super C?
4) What is the towing capacity?
5) Any advantages of a Super C over a Class A or vise versa?

I have been investigating Class A gas, motor homes for full timing when I retire. Recently discovered the Super C's. I have looked at regular class C's but don't know if they would be big enough for me to full time in. It is just me but don't know if I would be comfortable in one or not.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

1. The name showed up in 2004. But concept has been around long before that.
2. Currently they are all diesel. The Chevy C5500 models came in gas and diesel. Several manufactures used both engine. Most by Gulf Stream.
3. We spent 5 to 6 months ours. I have met others that full time.
4. You can tow around 6k. Depends on how loaded the MH is. Some of the newer ones have more towing than that..
5. If you look at a 35โ€™ Class A and compare it to a 35โ€™ Class C. There is more living space in a ClassA. Part of the 35โ€™ in a Class C is the hood.
The Class C are easier to do Chassis maintance.
In 2019 Chevy is coming out with a new Medium Duty chassis. I look forward to seeing some of them with a Class C on it
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD