cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thank you - Open Roads Forum

Lou_C
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick thank you to all the members of this forum. I've been a member for some time and seldom posted. When I had questions, they were usually answered quickly and correctly. Only a few smart remarks about my lack of RV knowledge ...but anyway, the reason for this post is to thank the people, especially Sully2, who recommended Winton Woods Campground for a stay while my grand daughter undergoes a kidney transplant (from her donor mom). The Campground is more than I hoped for and really an easy drive to the hospital. Although we've been spending most nights in the hospital, I like staying here and will return for long week end getaways. Thank you - Lou
Lou C
LazyDaze RK
Samurai toad
17 REPLIES 17

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just to add to that, Ive done OK for close to 40 years on one Kidney(knock on wood).....God speed to Grand-daughter and Mom!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck on the kidney transplant. My wife donated a kidney to my son (under 2 years old) in 1987. The kidney lasted 7 years but he weighed only 20 lbs when it happened. Now 2 more transplants later he will soon be 29 and is doing great. My wife has had no ill effects from the donation since that time. Living donation is so easy with minimal side effects to the donor.

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lou, My payers are with your Grand Daughter and her mother. There are a lot of great people on the forum whom do take the time to offer helpful suggestions and information. Sully does offer a lot of help on the forum...

Winton Woods is one of our favorites... In fact we are there now in site 2R.. We will be here till Wednesday...

JohnnyT
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar