cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire pressure for 275/80R22.5 LR H tires

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure this has been a topic many times in the Class A forum. I have been searching for quite some time but can't find a recommendation, even in the manual. Running 6-275/80R22.5 load range H tires and know the max psi recommendation is 120 psi. I am coming from a heavy 37' fiver with load range E tires and always ran them at the 80 psi max.

I just purchased 6 new Continental tires and the installer recommended running them at the max, 120 psi, but this guy has more experience with commercial trucks than RV's. They are mounted on a 40' Phaeton with no unusual loading. I had them set at 105 psi but would like some input from others with experience in load range H tires.
17 REPLIES 17

hooligan
Explorer
Explorer
You need to weigh the coach then use the Load Inflation tables to find the MINIMUM pressure required to support that weight. Usually carry 5-10 lbs above the minimum. Individual wheel weights is best.
Continental Tire Load /Inflation Tables
Hooligan U.S. Coast Guard Ret.
2016 THOR Siesta Sprinter 24ST Diesel
2008 SUZUKI Grand Vitara TOAD
1 Pug "Lily", 1 Newfoundland, "George"
1972 MotoGuzzi Eldorado

kg1d_dx
Explorer
Explorer
go to the manufactures web site and it should have a chart for the tire. I have weighed my RV when it was loaded and I Run 100 psi in front and 80 in the read. You need to weigh each wheel position to get the proper load info. I am sure if you run 120 psi it will give you a hard ride.
2007 Sportscoach Elite QS40

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I think 120 lbs for a forty foot coach is too much. Mine is two feet shorter at 38' and I run on them 100 lbs. I like the way it rides and have never had any blow outs in 60K miles.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision