cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires - Freightliner and other Diesel Chassis Makers

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Let’s play a little game. To play all you have to do is reply to this post and answer all the questions below.

The real reason, is many people in the past have requested information on tires for various Diesel Pushers. However, sometimes when a reply is submitted there is little or no information related to the purchase of the tires.

Note I am hoping to keep this related to rigs 40Ft and over please. If you wish to add other rigs, please include your make, model and length please.

Thank you very much for your support.

Manufacture:

Size:

Load Range:

Place of Business:

City, State:

Date of Purchase:

Cost:

Installation Cost:

Miles as of today:
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog
8 REPLIES 8

toolttime
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Manufacturer/Model: Michelin XZA3+

Size: 275/80R-22.5

Load Range:G

Seller: Belle Tire

City, State: Grand Rapids (Kentwood) MI

Date of Purchase: June 2015

Cost: 4100 (Set of 6)

Installation Cost: Included

Miles as of today: 5000

Surprised you wen with G tires and not the H rated as the originals were.
2015 Thor Tuscany 45AT

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
thank you all, and yes other sizes can play, just as long as you show the make/Model of your RV.

I am working on creating a data base of the most popular and safe tires that are used on our rigs. Once down, I will upload to my Google Drive.In this manner, if someone asked about tires, I can direct to the post or upload the file.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Current rig came with BadYear tires and developed edge wear which is a known tire defect that BadYear will not warranty.

Installed: 9/6/13 Continentals 295/80R22.5 on front axle, BadYears had edge wear with 24K miles

Installed: 9/3/14 Moved Continentals to tag and installed new Toyo 295/80R22.5/16M-144 tires on front and dual, Three BadYears had edge wear

The Continentals and Toyo tires ride is equivalent and significant improvement over the BadYears.

In 2005 my prior rig with BadYear tires developed edge wear at 8K miles on 3 tires.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll play as it is a rainy day in Georgia. All tires were shipped to Blairsville and shipping is in the price quote. Bubba and I change the tires and it cost me $20/tire... Yes he goes by Bubba and YES we change them. I used homemade balancing beads in the front tires and did not balance the six back tires. I now have 75K miles on my rig and have put all but the first 5000 miles on the tires.

At seven years old I replaced my front 295 tires with 315/80/22.5 Firestone FS400 tires. 2010 $625 25K miles. I was able to decrease the pressure from 115 to 105 on the front tires.

At ten years I replaced all six rear tires with Hankook 11R22.5 AH12 tires. 2013 $420 10K miles. I had to increase the rear pressure from 85 to 95 because of the lower load rating of the 11R.

All eight of the 295's are running on the back of my 10 wheel dump truck making them 12 years old. At seven years old I'll dismount the 315's and make the decision to go 10 years or not based upon that inspection. Based on how they look at five years I'll probably be able to go to 10 years.
* Went and looked at them... Not a single crack and the rig is stored indoors.
Yes I'm happy with this combination and will replace with the same when the time comes.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 40 footer and then a 45 footer. Had 1st one for 7 years and 2nd one for 6. Bought both used and put tires on both. I don't remember sizes other than 22.5. Bought 1 set at a shop where I knew the owner and bought 2nd set at a wholesale place where I knew the owner. I bought Good Year both times. Never had a problem. Check your date codes . I never went over 7 years regardless how good they looked. Just my .02 cents worth.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Manufacturer/Model: Michelin XZA3+

Size: 275/80R-22.5

Load Range:G

Seller: Belle Tire

City, State: Grand Rapids (Kentwood) MI

Date of Purchase: June 2015

Cost: 4100 (Set of 6)

Installation Cost: Included

Miles as of today: 5000
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Gee I can not pay your game as I am too little
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Game? It sounds like you're tire shopping. :B