cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna bring a golf cart and a Jeep towed

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
We're selling our vacation home in SW Fla and plan on using our Challenger for future vacations of a month to 6 weeks. I'm thinking I might want to buy a golf cart to bring along with my Jeep towed. Is there a way to do this? Maybe something to put the golf cart on and then hook up the Jeep.
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI
46 REPLIES 46

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for a rear dolly or platform. Some are attached to the MH at 2 points (2 receivers). And then you can tow off of the platform. You could also get a swivel wheel trailer which has 2 wheels that swivel for backing. You could attach this to the Jeep, they are not considered a trailer.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
RJL wrote:
We're selling our vacation home in SW Fla and plan on using our Challenger for future vacations of a month to 6 weeks. I'm thinking I might want to buy a golf cart to bring along with my Jeep towed. Is there a way to do this? Maybe something to put the golf cart on and then hook up the Jeep.

double towing is illegal in some states. an enclosed double deck trailer comes to mind but is likely too heavy for the MH chassis to safely tow. may i suggest that before you embark on this plan that you know and thoroughly understand your Damon's various weight ratings (GCWR, GVWR, GAWR as well as the actual rolling weight of your loaded MH and the items you want to tow. your rubicon likely weighs over 4K pounds by itself.

be safe.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle