cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Warranty Work Frustration After Frustration -

LarryDel
Explorer
Explorer
I had posted some of our issues regarding our 2019 Forest river Forester. Now that we have finally arrived at the dealer for warranty work, three days now, I can share my frustrations. We have a Smart Arm that did not work at all (we have had our unit 3 months) only now to get work done because we were committed at a camp host position with our new coach. After several days the serviceman got our Smart Arm to work outside with the panel on the arm, however if you want to use the functions from the Control Panel Inside you can only close it from the inside, it doesn't allow you to open it from the inside. They are trying to reach someone at forest river, thinking it could possibly be factory wiring. The other issue are two of three TV in our coach do not work. They test them, one does not work at all and the other only has wavy lines going through it. So of three tvs only the bedroom TV works. They have ordered two, but are wondering if wiring is also involved. Also there is an emergency window in bedroom, it has leaked after three major storms. Thank God for Bounty towels. In each storm I had to sit at the back window sopping up water until it stopped. They caulked the window today. It is now raining. Fortunately we are leaving the place where we are getting work done tomorrow. If it leaks tonight they then would order a new window. Finally, we have a small piece of clear film that was put on the overhang (full body paint) that needs to be fixed. The guy never showed up to make the repair. My husband stated, I don't mind having issues that need to be fixed, but when they can't seem to fix them, well now that is a cause for concern.
Anyone other Forest River folks with issues like this. When do we hire a lawyer?
17 REPLIES 17

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Sidecar is right. Learn to do your own repairs. The warranty will be over before you realize it and you will be on your own then anyway. Much easier on the blood pressure to just do it yourself.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Some things that people fail to understand about dealers and warranty work in general.

Dealer would rather sell units than do warranty work in the first place.

Moist employees at a dealership are paid minimal wages and have limited experience in the first place so don't expect fast and quality service because it's not gonna happen. Low wages equal low employee performance and that applies not only to dealers but the OEM's as well.

If I have an issue and I have, I fix it myself because I know it's done right. With a dealer, you never know if it's done right or not and considering the quality and caliber of low wage employees, probably not.

Far as hiring a mouthpiece, I'd advise against it. FR has more money and better legal consul that you can afford. I'd take the unit elsewhere or learn to do your own repairs.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yesterday!

:S