cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water pump

tyaughton
Explorer
Explorer
Well, here we are in Camden Maine, and the water pump has quit. There's a Randy's Mobile Repair up in Ellesworth, which we will be passing through. Has anyone used this service? Is he reputable? Need a water pump bad!
Judy
9 REPLIES 9

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update, glad to hear all is well.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

tyaughton
Explorer
Explorer
You could hear it trying to pump but no water coming out so know it had power. It worked the day before.
no camping world in Maine. Went to Webb RV service. They had one and were able to install for us. Just as well because line needed a new washer which I would not have had if I'd decided to install it myself.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Gjac...how do you know it's bad?

Last year mine quit working and I thought it was the pump. As billnwoodland said about Monaco the pump is in the wet bay and easy to get to.

Got to checking voltages and discovered no power to the pump.

Bad fuse.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
How did you determine that the pump was bad? Are you getting 12v to the pump? does it run but no water comes out? Are your valves in the correct position? If you are sure the pump is bad any camping world along your route will carry one.

tyaughton
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading into Bangor
Should be able to pick up a pump there.

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about your rig, but in my Monaco the water pump is in the wet bay very accessible. If you can turn a screw driver you should be able to change the pump out. There is not much to it. Or possibly buy the part and call a general handyman if there are not any rv repair places nearby. Take a look at sone YouTube videos like this one, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dqROXlgt-lI
Bill
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

tyaughton
Explorer
Explorer
Well, scratch that. Randy's phone number is not in service. Crumpets. Need someone along highway 1 that can replace a house water pump

tyaughton
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
Are you looking for a water pump for your engine or a house water pump?

Sorry, shudda thunk that. HOUSE water pump.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you looking for a water pump for your engine or a house water pump?