cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind sensor

C20
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Key West, and our awning keeps rolling in, and its not windy. When i look at the controller the lights are scrolling up and down from bottom to top. If i reset it by unplugging the power plug it will be ok for a day or an hour never know. It's an HWH controller. Any thoughts? Had a new motor put on it last year, and now I don't have to help it my pulling on the arm by the entry door. Appreciate your help.

Sorry the brand is an AE weather pro. Edit
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
5 REPLIES 5

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Doug,
You are correct. I edited my original post to an AE awwning. You are also spot on, it has the yellow LED lights. When the awning rolls in, the lights flash top to bottom over and over and pushing the button does not good, it won't take a new setting on the board.

Appreciate the info as always and will get some parts coming
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. It is NOT an HWH controller. Do not know where you get that info.
2. 10 years old. Need to know what type of controller(sensor) you have. From your description, it appears you have the controller with the yellow LED lights. That means the sensor is on the top of the front Awning arm. It is that chrome piece at the top. It senses MOVEMENT of the awning tube, NOT really wind speed. So, if the tube/arm moves, it determine there is wind. Then it retracts. Usually you replace the Sensor and the inside controller as a matched unit. Doug

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
ArchHoagland wrote:
I have had two electric awnings. The first one had a wind sensor that had a mind of it's own.

When I bought my current coach I had an electric awning added and told them do NOT install the wind sensor. I am the wind sensor.

We never leave the RV park with the awning extended. Ever. At night we bring it in.

X2, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard of this - that they "get their own minds". It very well may be a chip error on the controller, but the first place to start is ENSURE that the ground is proper.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We're on our 4th wind sensor on 12 year old Tiffin's AE Awning, it's probably 9 years old. It failed 6 weeks after the 3rd one was replaced. As above we are the wind sensor and never leave the RV with the awning deployed. At the time you had to replace the control board and sensor as a matched unit, I do not know if anyone ever replaced the cable connecting the two components or if it can even be done.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I have had two electric awnings. The first one had a wind sensor that had a mind of it's own.

When I bought my current coach I had an electric awning added and told them do NOT install the wind sensor. I am the wind sensor.

We never leave the RV park with the awning extended. Ever. At night we bring it in.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes