cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windshield wiper brackets

karaokegal
Explorer
Explorer
Need help ASAP on windshield wipers. windshield wipers stopped working on my 2006 holiday rambler imperial.found blown fuse and replaced. the blades started working again. my husband opened up the slideout generator compartment to look at the motor and bracket from the backside that extends to both blades, he noticed that this bracket was moving in and out as the blades moved and was concerned that over time it would eventually break off much like what happens when you bend a beer can over and over it will just break in half. he noticed that at the attachment point of each blade there was a slight slit in the metal bracket. An RV tech came out and he said that he believed the slits are intentional because of the slight curve of the hood of the RV this allows movement and if the bracket is replaced with a new bracket that is not slitted and is rigid that this may cause the fiberglass on the hood of the RV to crack. if anyone has this model RV or knows anything about this please tell me if the slits suppose to be there, or is getting ready to break off. okay guys, go check this on your RV and let me know what you find. i say leave it alone if it breaks then fix it. my husband on the other hand wants to pull it out. thanks
0 REPLIES 0