cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield Wiper Problem

captain_crunch
Explorer
Explorer
I am having windshield wiper problems on my Class A 2005 Pace Arrow. They only work in high speed and it does not spraw water .
Has anyone had this problem before? Would the problem be inside the turn signal switch? I could replace the switch and do it myself if that is the problem. Thanks for any help
18 REPLIES 18

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
The next repair shop took one look under the hood, saw disconnected Atwood jack wiring harness (not used as we has HWH) and punted, even with wiring diagrams and Tiffin phone contact to work with.
Mike & Phyllis

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I had to replace hose on mine. Check pump at outlet w/hose off to see if pump is OK. Not sure about the speed problem, could be a switch.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
The dealer ordered my new one and installed it...
Mike & Phyllis

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I have got to find it. where can I get the parts??

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
On my Southwind with Workhorse Chassis the wiper control module was in the steering column.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
On my Tiffin it's in the steering column.
Mike & Phyllis

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the control module located?? my 06 Pace Arrow done the same thing. will only run on high. was going change module, can I get one at parts store??

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
Wipers stopped in mid swipe, then would only work on high. Called Tiffin, immediate response was control module went bad. Had workhorse replace control module. Tested a bit was ok. On the start of another trip, tried windshield washers, worked ok but then wipers would not go off, even after stopping and starting the coach. This is the original manifestation of the problem. Wonder if the control module wiring is different again...
Mike & Phyllis

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
Torrential downpours, high wind conditions, wipers worked like a charm... Wiring problem was definitely the issue...
Mike & Phyllis

CampingJumble
Explorer
Explorer
Snomas wrote:
Had similar problem and just cleaned the hose from the pump. Easy to check if pump is working by disconnecting hose @ pump outlet and have some on turn on washer. Could also have a switch problem.

You should go get those replaced or have them looked at by someone at pep boys or jiffly lube.

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
Used wipers on latest trip... No issues :C Correction to the wiring solved the issues we were having.
Mike & Phyllis

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
No luck at workhorse dealer ๐Ÿ™‚ However, on the way back from LA, the state, we stopped at Red Bay AL. 63 acres of Tiffin... 48 bays... very impressive. After tearing apart the connections, the electrical guru of the repair facility found the following: The wiring diagram provided by workhorse showed a wiring change that was never imparted to Tiffin.

There was a connector with port C having a pink wire and port D having a light blue wire. The actual connection had port C with the light blue and port D with the pink, ie reversed. They re-wired the connection to match the wiring diagram. Tested before we left Red Bay, no positify proof that it was the problem, but I am confident. Very impressive also, that once Bob Tiffin was asked to be made aware of the problem, he personally contacted us twice before, and once after we had the repair (and all other warranty work that the dealer had not been able to do, after over 30 days sitting there).

Will post after our next trip with bad weather.
Mike & Phyllis

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Yup ours is an '04 WorkHorse - W22. We have had no problem since we replaced the entire turn signal component. It is shocking what is built into that module, there is even a shifter module which I believe is not used.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

mike_phyllis
Explorer
Explorer
I have an ongoing wiper problem, high speed only, sometimes won't turn off, been in multiple times, resettable circuit breaker, wiper motor replaced multiple times, di-electric grease, turn-signal stalk chafing checked, rv service and workhorse dealer.

You wouldn't happen to have a Chevy Workhorse chassis?

Getting it back again today... regional workhorse manager was involved.

Will update post with any new details.
Mike & Phyllis