cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnegard Rayzar automatic

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jack antenna. It is the second for me. I have not been pleased with it in my previous motorhome or in my current. I don't get reception when others do with less sophisticated crank up antenna's. I am thinking about splurging for the Winnegard Rayzar fully automatic. Any thoughts or experience?
6 REPLIES 6

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Be sure to check all of your coax cables, at both ends, before you change anything. A bad cable will not help a new antenna get any better reception.

ChiefK
Explorer
Explorer
Disneyfix wrote:
Interested in replies..
Me too.
Dan
2012 Tiffin Allegro
34TGA

Disneyfix
Explorer
Explorer
Interested in replies..

fredbon
Explorer
Explorer
If you are near, within 20 mi., major cities, no problem. As Smitty77 stated further away the Sensor works better. We are currently 45-47 mi. from Seattle, my neighbor gets "A few" OTA with his auto Winegard, or Sensor gets 16 stations.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie
Frankie & Scarlett, (The Cats)
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
2006 Saturn VUE

As I've Matured... I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Automatic, and it works well. We also had the Sensar IV installed, so that I would have a rising arm to install our 14" non flexible WiFi Antenna and Ubiquity too for horizontal traveling. Had the shop A/B switch the install of the Automatic and the Sensar IV, so if we ever find we're just on the fringe go what he Automatic an pull in, I have the Sensar IV available. It does have the ability to pull in stations from a bit further distance...

If I did not want to have a raisable mast, I would have just run with the Automatic. Slick install, and good easy to understand lights to help you tune channels.

Best,
Smitty

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
I have one, works great! I also have the Winegard Pre-Amp installed.