cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wireless microphone placement for bluetooth

abrister
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 31K Minnie Winnie and I would like to see where other RVers have placed their wireless microphone and USB port that comes installed in the vehicle but are just shoved under the dash beneath the radio. Would like to have them permanently mounted somewhere. Thanks for any help or advice
Bo and Jo Brister
Retired U.S. Army "Sapper"
6 Furry family members (Elphie, Army, Cinnabun, Maxx, Rosci and Manu)
2017 Minnie Winnie Class C
"Freedom is not free, it is because of our brave Military that we have Freedom today"
4 REPLIES 4

abrister
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!! It is factory installed but attached under the dash for some reason. I think that I will go with your suggestion and just run the smallest amount of cord up and attach at that location along with GPS.
Bo and Jo Brister
"Freedom is not free, it is because of our brave Military that we have Freedom today"

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
I did not hide it and route it up to the mirror as many do because that would require removing some dash trim and more. I'm sure it's not too hard but I never seem to be able to get the pieces all back looking as nice as they did before. I just ran the wire from the top of the radio straight up to the edge of the dash about 8 inches or so. It's not ideal but it honestly doesn't look weird along with my GPS and cell phone also on the dash. It blends in and was a lot less work. I guess I could always do it the cleaner way later. Good luck with your install.

abrister
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is. Did you hide the wire or just left it out? I like the idea of being in the middle, just didn't want to see the wire but that be just the way it is.
Bo and Jo Brister

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
I put my wireless mic for Bluetooth right in the middle of the dash close to the edge with some double sided tape. Works great for both the passenger and driver. I assume that's what you are referring to?