cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Leo Benson wrote:
well I dont know about you guys, but healthy eating is only taking me so far. So we got A Wii, and Wii Fit to go with it. This was earth shattering to our two kids away at college- since video games have NEVER been allowed in our house (homework, sports, Scouts, karate, church, read a book, do a chore, etc.) They thought we had gone senile. but wow- the Wii Fit is great. Keeping in mind, of course, that we have been pretty out of shape. So now we're doing balance exercises, yoga, strength training, and aerobics. I love it!
Are you all doing anything aside from trying to eat healthy? Please share!

My DW and I have been discussing this. Do you take it on your RV? We walk almost every day and have stretched ourselves out to about 3 miles, but bad weather gets in the way and sometimes our schedules are not conducive. We do want something we can take with us when we go though so we can stick with a routine.

We have not taken it in the camper but if you've got a decent TV with the usual connections, I guess you could. We don't use our TT very much. I like the toning in addition to the calorie burning. I can feel my clothes a bit looser from the variety of exercises. (It has balance, yoga, strength training, and aerobics) Plus it weighs you, calculates your BMI, and "fit age" or something like that. It keeps track of your efforts. I believe the newer generation of Wii fit is due out on Oct. 4 and will have some added benefits.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Leo Benson wrote:
Red Rice, Beans, and Sausage
(the sodium of hte turkey kielbasa can be kind of high, so I don't add salt. The up-side is when I need a 10 minute recipe, this is it)

1 turkey kielbasa or low fat sausage, sliced thin
~ 1/2 small box instant brown rice
1 can manwich, plus one can water
1 can black beans, drained,
1 can Mexicorn
seasonings to taste: onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, cumin
1 large minced onion

Spray a large non stick elec frying pan. Saute onion and meat. Add all other ingredients. Simmer til thickened. Top with low fat grated mexican blend or cheddar.

I can't get past the texture of the turkey sausage. I do wish they had one that felt like "real" sausage in my mouth. Have you tried the boiling bag brown rice? They have it in a two person size and a "family" size with 4 servings I think. It only takes 10 minutes in boiling water and I like it better than the instant. Real brown rice takes 45 minutes and I rarely want to invest that much time in it! I love the idea of using the Manwich for the sauce ...

Steve, I have not tried the bag style rice. For other recipes (where I have more time) I just use the long cooking borwn rice. I'm not really a fan of hte instant, but sometimes I want fast!
The turkey sausage doesn't bother me too much, maybe because it's sliced fairly thin? We don't use it too much because it's fairly salty.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Leo Benson wrote:
well I dont know about you guys, but healthy eating is only taking me so far. So we got A Wii, and Wii Fit to go with it. This was earth shattering to our two kids away at college- since video games have NEVER been allowed in our house (homework, sports, Scouts, karate, church, read a book, do a chore, etc.) They thought we had gone senile. but wow- the Wii Fit is great. Keeping in mind, of course, that we have been pretty out of shape. So now we're doing balance exercises, yoga, strength training, and aerobics. I love it!

My DW and I have been discussing this. Do you take it on your RV? We walk almost every day and have stretched ourselves out to about 3 miles, but bad weather gets in the way and sometimes our schedules are not conducive. We do want something we can take with us when we go though so we can stick with a routine.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Leo Benson wrote:
(the sodium of hte turkey kielbasa can be kind of high, so I don't add salt. The up-side is when I need a 10 minute recipe, this is it)

1 can Mexicorn
1 large minced onion

Spray a large non stick elec frying pan. Saute onion and meat. Add all other ingredients. Simmer til thickened. Top with low fat grated mexican blend or cheddar.

I can't get past the texture of the turkey sausage. I do wish they had one that felt like "real" sausage in my mouth. Have you tried the boiling bag brown rice? They have it in a two person size and a "family" size with 4 servings I think. It only takes 10 minutes in boiling water and I like it better than the instant. Real brown rice takes 45 minutes and I rarely want to invest that much time in it! I love the idea of using the Manwich for the sauce ...

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer

1 can Mexicorn
1 large minced onion

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
Girl Scout Thin Mint Ice Cream
(not sugar free, but practically fat free, a nice occasional treat)
3 eggs
2 cups skim milk
1 can fat free swetened condensed milk
1 cup fat free sugar free yogurt
1/2 pkg SF instant vanilla pudding
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tsp mint extract
about 8 to 10 thin mint cookies, or store brand chocolate mint cookies, chopped/crushed
Optional- 1 Tbsp vodka or mint liquer

Make a custard with the three eggs and 2 cups milk
Blend the eggs in a blender, heat the milk in microwave for two minutes. Pour the hot (but not boiled) milk intot he blender while it's running, to temper the eggs.
Transfer to a micro safe bowl and microwave at half power at 2 minute increments, stirring with a wire whisk freuently, until it thickens like custard.
Add extracts and chill in frig.
This can be done the day before, or 8 hours or so before. It needs to get really cold The condensed milk should be stored in the refrig too to make sure it's cold.
Combine the custard, the pudding, the yogurt, and condensed milk and process according to your ice cream maker instructions When nearly done, add cookies.
Add liquer, which helps prevent the ice cream (ice milk) from freezing like a brick.
Place in a freezer container and let ripen (harden)
May have to nuke a few sec to get it scoopable.

I like this because it has added protein from the eggs to help level out the sugar (glycemic index)

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, because the sauce is so low fat, it "sinks in" to the pasta fairly quickly, so don't toss and set on table until you're ready to eat. Otherwise, add a bit more olive oil to keep it moister.

(now, if this were just for me, I'd have sauteed the chicken with onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, calamata olives, capers, and a bit of wine and lemon juice. Maybe some pignoli nuts. And broccoli. And swiss chard....... But family is not that adventurous..... and I guess that's really an entirely different recipe!!)

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Leo Benson wrote:
Chicken and Fettucini Carbonara

about 10 boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
about 1/3 pkg to turkey bacon
one box of whole wheat fettucini (I use a homemade recipe that is 1 cup of egg whites, 2 cups white whole wheat flour, and 2 cups multigrain flour.)
about 2 cups skim milk
about 2 Tbsp each, EVOO and spray butter
garlic powder
onion powder
black pepper
flour
about half a cup parmesan cheese (green can)
about 1/4 cup good hard Italian cheese, like parmesano reggiano or asiago, shaved
optional, couple of Tbsp low fat bleu cheese crumbles

Spray frying pan with PAM. Fry bacon til crisp. Remove from pan.
Saute chicken in pan, season with pepper, til cooked thru.
Place milk, spray butter, olive oil and about 2 Tbsp AP flour in a micro safe bowl. Microwave in short intervals til thickened, stirring frequently. Makes a white sauce, essentially.
Stir green can parmesan and bleu cheese into white sauce. Add onion powder and garlic powder to taste. I like a dash of nutmeg, too.
Cook pasta.
Drain, add alfredo sauce.
Top with chicken breasts, shaved hard parm, and crumble bacon over top. Serve immediately.

Sorry, I don't have calorie counts, but the whole wheat high protein pasta is healthy, the chicken is essentially fat free protein, and the sauce has calcium and almost no fat. My family loved it.

Now this sounds fantastic! Even using store bought pasta .. they have a couple of very acceptable whole grain brands now..I think this will be a "company" dish. I can't wait to try it.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
Chicken and Fettucini Carbonara

about 10 boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
about 1/3 pkg to turkey bacon
one box of whole wheat fettucini (I use a homemade recipe that is 1 cup of egg whites, 2 cups white whole wheat flour, and 2 cups multigrain flour.)
about 2 cups skim milk
about 2 Tbsp each, EVOO and spray butter
garlic powder
onion powder
black pepper
flour
about half a cup parmesan cheese (green can)
about 1/4 cup good hard Italian cheese, like parmesano reggiano or asiago, shaved
optional, couple of Tbsp low fat bleu cheese crumbles

Spray frying pan with PAM. Fry bacon til crisp. Remove from pan.
Saute chicken in pan, season with pepper, til cooked thru.
Place milk, spray butter, olive oil and about 2 Tbsp AP flour in a micro safe bowl. Microwave in short intervals til thickened, stirring frequently. Makes a white sauce, essentially.
Stir green can parmesan and bleu cheese into white sauce. Add onion powder and garlic powder to taste. I like a dash of nutmeg, too.
Cook pasta.
Drain, add alfredo sauce.
Top with chicken breasts, shaved hard parm, and crumble bacon over top. Serve immediately.

Sorry, I don't have calorie counts, but the whole wheat high protein pasta is healthy, the chicken is essentially fat free protein, and the sauce has calcium and almost no fat. My family loved it.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
LOL Steve! A glug- you know, a bit more than a splash!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Leo Benson wrote:
We don't eat hamburgers that often, but like one occasionally.
I grind all the meat we use myself, to make sure it's leaner and healthier. Eye of the round, with all visible fat removed, makes for good chili, etc., but makes a hamburger that has the texture of sawdust!
Recently I saw some advice to grind a few pitted prunes in while grinding the beef.
I tried this today:
Ground about a pound or so of lean eye of the round, about 7 prunes, and one medium sweet onion in the KitchenAid grinder attachment. I added a glug of Worcestershire sauce and about a tsp of Kitchen Bouquet. (sometimes i also add some Hidden Valley RAnch powder, too) Formed into 5 patties.
Wow, it was great. So much more moist and you could not detect the flavor of prunes. It had a nice crisp grill-type crunch on the outside and moist on the inside. And I don't think 7 prunes in 5 burgers would cause anyone any, ah..... intestinal disturbances!
On my homemade hamburger buns (with added fiber and whole grains), some fresh tomatoes from the garden, oh wow. Hamburger heaven without the guilt.

You trained chefs with all your technical terminology! I have searched all my cookbooks and I can't find a "glug" anywhere!!! Seriously, I don't go to this much trouble with mine..I am content to buy the 93/7% ground beef, and the Nature's Own sugar free buns ..but it does sound good.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
We don't eat hamburgers that often, but like one occasionally.
I grind all the meat we use myself, to make sure it's leaner and healthier. Eye of the round, with all visible fat removed, makes for good chili, etc., but makes a hamburger that has the texture of sawdust!
Recently I saw some advice to grind a few pitted prunes in while grinding the beef.
I tried this today:
Ground about a pound or so of lean eye of the round, about 7 prunes, and one medium sweet onion in the KitchenAid grinder attachment. I added a glug of Worcestershire sauce and about a tsp of Kitchen Bouquet. (sometimes i also add some Hidden Valley RAnch powder, too) Formed into 5 patties.
Wow, it was great. So much more moist and you could not detect the flavor of prunes. It had a nice crisp grill-type crunch on the outside and moist on the inside. And I don't think 7 prunes in 5 burgers would cause anyone any, ah..... intestinal disturbances!
On my homemade hamburger buns (with added fiber and whole grains), some fresh tomatoes from the garden, oh wow. Hamburger heaven without the guilt.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
coribdx wrote:
My teenage daughter (who is a WW follower) made this last night.. it was delish!

Pork with Mushroom-Roquefort Sauce...

Ingredients
1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 8 slices
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 shallots, sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 lb. white mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup Madeira wine
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Roquefort cheese

Directions
Place the pork slices between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound with a wooden mallet to a 1/2" thickness. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick psray and set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the pork with 1/4 tsp. of the salt and 1/8 tsp. of the pepper; add half the pork slices to the skillet. Cook until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining prok.
Add the shallot, garlic, mushrooms and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the broth and cook about 3 minutes. Add the cheese and reserved pork and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Serving = 2 pieces pork and 1/3 cup mushroom mixture = 248 calories = 10 g. fat = 6 points.

that sounds delicious. My grocery store carries reduced fat bleu cheese crumbles, too.
I bet a few dried cherries dropped into that sauce would be great. I love the play between bleu cheese and dried cherries or cranberries.

coribdx
Explorer
Explorer
My teenage daughter (who is a WW follower) made this last night.. it was delish!

Pork with Mushroom-Roquefort Sauce...

Ingredients
1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 8 slices
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 shallots, sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 lb. white mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup Madeira wine
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Roquefort cheese

Directions
Place the pork slices between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound with a wooden mallet to a 1/2" thickness. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick psray and set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the pork with 1/4 tsp. of the salt and 1/8 tsp. of the pepper; add half the pork slices to the skillet. Cook until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining prok.
Add the shallot, garlic, mushrooms and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the broth and cook about 3 minutes. Add the cheese and reserved pork and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Serving = 2 pieces pork and 1/3 cup mushroom mixture = 248 calories = 10 g. fat = 6 points.