cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any satellite guru's out here? Dish-Wally-Pathway X2

I received my Dish Pathway X2 and 2 Wally's yesterday... So far I have over 5 hours clocked on the phone with Tech support with no Luck.
I am able to get the channels, but the Wally's do not want to complete the download cycle? So everytime I shut off the Wally, they are back to the begining. It is frustrating, and so far nobody at tech support has resolved the issue.. They get stuck on the " Downloading Wally Software" screen...
I can keep them like that, but it is not the proper way to operate...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
22 REPLIES 22

richheck wrote:
Last year when the Wallys first came out I purchased two. At that time I was instructed to connect each to a 1000.2 dish to allow the Wallies to download the updated software before trying to connect to my Pathway X2. After doing as instructed to get the software updated I had no problems connecting to the X2

Where would I find a 1000.2 dish ?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

richheck
Explorer
Explorer
Last year when the Wallys first came out I purchased two. At that time I was instructed to connect each to a 1000.2 dish to allow the Wallies to download the updated software before trying to connect to my Pathway X2. After doing as instructed to get the software updated I had no problems connecting to the X2
2013 Ford F-350 4WD DWD 6.7PSD
2010 Jeep Wrangler
2017 Landmark 365 Arlington

Bill.Satellite wrote:
Are you trying to use the 2 receiver setting and going to the 72 satellite? Did you get a successful check switch? If you are trying to use the 1 receiver setup with 2 receivers you must connect 1 receiver to the main output and preform a check switch. You will then need to connect the other receiver to that same cable and do a check switch on that receiver. Once you have each running successfully by themselves you will be able to connect both.

Thanks Bill... As soon as my check switch is complete, it jumps directly into trying to download the software ( unsuccessfully ). I have tried single Wally into the main port... and also tried the dual Wally, with 1 in the main, and 1 in the secondary port..
I have NOT tried it your way, but still cannot get past the download portion
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you trying to use the 2 receiver setting and going to the 72 satellite? Did you get a successful check switch? If you are trying to use the 1 receiver setup with 2 receivers you must connect 1 receiver to the main output and preform a check switch. You will then need to connect the other receiver to that same cable and do a check switch on that receiver. Once you have each running successfully by themselves you will be able to connect both.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I have not used the OTA
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I only had to do it one time after that all worked ok.
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

2naEagle wrote:
Mine did that.

Push Sat(on the side of the remote)/Skip Back/Recall/Skip Back.

Each time? That is what i do now to skip out of the download sequence...

How about hooking the OTA antenna into the sat box with their connection ?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Mine did that.

Push Sat(on the side of the remote)/Skip Back/Recall/Skip Back.
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV