cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charter Spectrum Internet

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good news for me according to latest online edition of Market Watch this quote from MW.

"Notably, Charter Spectrum CHTR, +6.31%, the country’s second-largest cable operator, doesn’t have caps, as this was a condition of the company’s purchase of Time Warner. That limitation is set to run out in May 2023. A company spokesperson noted that the Spectrum has no plan to implement caps. However, last year, the company requested that the Federal Communications Commission waive the stipulation from the merger, though it has since dropped the request as President Joe Biden took office."

Unlike other large Cable companies that are soon charging higher prices for exceeding data caps or reducing internet speeds. More and more yanks are using more and more broadband data all the time, etc thanks to Zoom and increased distant work and learning. Good on you uncle Joe Joe now send me $1400.00 ASAP. Cheers everyone.
21 REPLIES 21

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
way2roll wrote:
So in summary - in 2 years, Spectrum won't have a legal restriction in place to put usage rates in ?

I am very happy to take those two years sport. Cheers to you

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
dennis1949 wrote:
What does this have tp do with RVing?

Well sport many many RVers happen to use Charter Spectrum at their homes and the large number of CS wifi hotspots throughout many states. In Reno there are many dozens of locations with CS wifi locations. Are you happy now. Cheers to you:)

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
dennis1949 wrote:
Even though you have been a member since 2005, you must not look in much. Many posts in this thread have little or nothing to do with an RV. For example, Apple vs Windows or Apple vs Android, etc. etc.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
So in summary - in 2 years, Spectrum won't have a legal restriction in place to put usage rates in ?

That appears to be the case. Hopefully Spectrum's experience with no caps will be positive enough to make it worthwhile continuing as a competitive feature. As a former TWC customer, I'm just happy Spectrum grandfathered the $15/mo seniors plan we have at our upstate NY cottage.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use spectrm and though the data is nice the router sucks.. I may have to switch back to Belkin routers and ship the Spectrum router back to 'em
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times