cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microsoft Outlook 2016 ???

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
I am setting up a computer in my shop to use specifically to keep in contact with US Navy Shipmates and correspondence as I am the secretary of our reunion organization. The computer I am using has MS Office 2016 installed and I want to use Outlook for email. I have tried every method I could find on Google in detail to export my Thunderbird contact file (CSV)from another computer that is using Thunderbird into the newer computer using MS 2016.. NOTHING SEEMS TO WRK..NOTHING.. The export /import function seems to work but OUTLOOK 2016 doesn't show or can find them. Not looking for solutions as I think I have tried everything but just curious to see if anyone else has had problems with OUTLOOK 2016.. Should be simple but !@#$%^&*.. Everybody stay safe and enjoy the summer
3 REPLIES 3

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
The file needs to be output in the format that Outlook 2016 needs. I have a contact list that I maintain in GMAIL. I sync that list with Outlook 2016. The GMAIL contacts has an EXPORT TO OUTLOOK option. However, Outlook 2016 chokes on the file. I examined both files and found that GMAIL's format was apparently for a different version of Outlook. Outlook 2016 had a different format. I wrote an EXCEL macro that reads GMAIL's file and writes it out in Outlook 2016's format. Problem solved. For me, anyway.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried this? https://www.outlooktransfer.com/products/thunderbird-to-outlook-transfer/
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Gmail works fine. Why do you need Outlook?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman