Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SmartRVControls

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.rv-intelligence.com/smartrvcontrols/
Just finished installing the smart rv controls for 3 slides on my 5th wheel. works off of wireless technology and I can control opening and closing my slides from my smart phone. Awesome product. Check out their website.
Gene & Robin Somogyi
Proud Parents of an Air Force Fighter Pilot
2015 3500 Chevy CC/Duramax/Allison/4X4
2005 Discover America LS 33.5RLTG
Two (his & her) 2003 SeaDoo GTX 4Tec Supercharged toys
2006 EZ-Go 6Passenger Cart
10 REPLIES 10

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Edd505 wrote:
I have to fix her computer every couple months and she's had that 15 years or more. Had this conversation with my adult son, guess my days coming.

15yr old? What do you have to oil the hand crank?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Cloud Dancer wrote:
If I ever get a smart phone it will overwhelm me. At 80 I gotta be careful what I do.

This sort of funny, wife's mom, 82 wanted a smart phone. Two weeks later and she still can not answer & wants to know how she can get on the internet with it. I have to fix her computer every couple months and she's had that 15 years or more. Had this conversation with my adult son, guess my days coming.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would consider it a smart phone if it would NOT have a mind of its own regarding taking a photo in portrait or in landscape.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
RLS7201 wrote:
Cloud Dancer wrote:
If I ever get a smart phone it will overwhelm me. At 80 I gotta be careful what I do.

What's a smart phone? Does it have a higher IQ than my flip phone?

Richard
Depends on the user. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Cloud Dancer wrote:

What's a smart phone? Does it have a higher IQ than my flip phone?

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Being older and cautious I watch my slides go out and in from the switchboard with my eyes and ears wide open.

I suppose we are even more cautious:
- I stand outside and watch to make sure it won't hit anything.
- She checks for conflicts on the inside and operates the button.

We've had stuff fall and roll behind the slides and a cabinet door that opened. Way to easy to cause damage for me to trust that as is well sitting in the drivers seat.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Our trailer came with a remote to open/close the slides, the awning, and the front legs. It hangs on a hook and is rarely used. It's usually more practical to use the controls.

The leg controls are down where the level is so I can watch the level until the trailer is in position.

The slide controls are inside where I can keep an eye on things as the slides go out, make sure nothing is behind them, and going in the same thing.

The awning is a wash.

We thought the remote was pretty cool at first, but now it hangs on a hook.

Since the controls are tied to my phone which I always carry the option make sense for me.
Gene & Robin Somogyi
Proud Parents of an Air Force Fighter Pilot
2015 3500 Chevy CC/Duramax/Allison/4X4
2005 Discover America LS 33.5RLTG
Two (his & her) 2003 SeaDoo GTX 4Tec Supercharged toys
2006 EZ-Go 6Passenger Cart

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our trailer came with a remote to open/close the slides, the awning, and the front legs. It hangs on a hook and is rarely used. It's usually more practical to use the controls.

The leg controls are down where the level is so I can watch the level until the trailer is in position.

The slide controls are inside where I can keep an eye on things as the slides go out, make sure nothing is behind them, and going in the same thing.

The awning is a wash.

We thought the remote was pretty cool at first, but now it hangs on a hook.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being older and cautious I watch my slides go out and in from the switchboard with my eyes and ears wide open.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad