cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions for Printer/Copier/Scanner for RV

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am looking for suggestions for a printer/copier/scanner for our fifth wheel.

We are not anywhere near full timers, but we are planning to snowbird in Florida for about a month (mid February-March). We have reservations in two different parks for a couple weeks each, so we will be using their Wi-Fi along with using our phones as hotspots. I am not sure if we will use the printer/scanner as wireless or if we will use a cable connection.

My Canon Pixma printer at home uses three color and two black ink cartridges. I like that idea rather than throwing a multi color cartridge out when one color has run out.

Size is a consideration, but not a major one. We do have places we can put a mid-sized unit

What are you using and why do you recommend it?
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors
18 REPLIES 18

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
def laser. Even at home, I've gone to laser.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
curt12914 wrote:
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am looking for suggestions for a printer/copier/scanner for our fifth wheel.

We are not anywhere near full timers, but we are planning to snowbird in Florida for about a month (mid February-March). We have reservations in two different parks for a couple weeks each, so we will be using their Wi-Fi along with using our phones as hotspots. I am not sure if we will use the printer/scanner as wireless or if we will use a cable connection.

My Canon Pixma printer at home uses three color and two black ink cartridges. I like that idea rather than throwing a multi color cartridge out when one color has run out.

Size is a consideration, but not a major one. We do have places we can put a mid-sized unit

What are you using and why do you recommend it?

we"re not fulltiimers either. we carry a small Samsung B&W laser printer. no copy or scan function but size was our primary concern. on the rare occasion when we need to copy or scan something an office supply store, library or even a campground or RV park offfice can usually help with that.

so...consider a laser printer instead of ink. i've found that the laser carts last longer than ink carts.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a Epson XP310 printer due to small size, print/copy/scan and wireless. Laptops and cables don't really work for us. It's not a high end printer. We stopped using color and buy 499inks (cheap) black with everything set to black and white, it does scan in color. It's installed on slide outs in a cabinet, out of sight when not in use. We use our cell Wifi hot spot in the RV and with the home printer, hence it's a one time change on the W10 printer setting between home/RV.

We NEVER use CG WiFi because of obvious security concerns plus many/most have limited speed/performance for a variety of reasons. CG WiFi advertising is often a marketing consideration vs useful.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Y-Guy
I kissed ink cartridges away and bought a Epson EcoTank. I've been very happy with it. But I've never taken it on a trip where it's bouncing around either. But I love that I only need to refill the cartridge that uses the most ink. Costco price was good, size was great about the only downside was the lack of sheet feed scanner, but that was a minor issue that I could have fixed if I bought the next model up.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon