cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless TV antenna connections

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a good quality OTA setup on the second floor of my house and would like to get that signal downstairs to another tv.
The catch is I would like to do it without running any antenna cables. Are there any wireless options available?

Ron w.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650
3 REPLIES 3

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
OP, The issue with my setup is that I dont have a home network, all my internet access is via a cell phone hotspot.

That's the one downside to my "network" even though I have a grandfathered Verizon unlimited the hotspot isn't always activated.

Ron W
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are several ways.. Some re-broadcast in the TV band and you simply pick it up downstairs.

I have a pair of DVR's with additional stuff.. Now you can not do LIVE TV this way but.....

One can record then over the lan (Which can be wired or wireless) send to the other. or it can be streamed to a computer. or downloaded to a computer. or..

Well you ever see those ads "only our overpriced very expensive Cable or Satellit service lets you do all these things".. (Paraphrased a bit).. NOT TRUE. I do it all the time 25/year for the program guide.

The catch is the TUNER will always be UPSTAIRS. not downstairs so you have to go up to change channels unlless you have an RF Remote (And they make those too).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Home Run tuner hooked to my home network, which gives me full dvr capability and wifi access for all tvs

I'll edit to add links- this is the tuner I have, I use my main PC for a dvr running Plex, but you can use a Respberry Pi running plex pretty easily.

One TV uses an Amazon Firestick, one a Roku streaming stick, and the last a Raspberry Pi. All get all OTA channels.
-- Chris Bryant