cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom Remodel Question ~> Full size tub/shower combo?

RVMomof3
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question about RV Bathroom remodeling. We are planning to gut and redo our RV bathroom. The question I have is, has anyone ever put a full size house tub/shower combo in your RV? We plan to take part of our bedroom closet to expanded the bathroom, so it will fit. We also put in prior a tank less water heater. So, we now have plenty of hot water to fill a big tub ๐Ÿ˜‰ Just curious if anyone else has done this. TIA!
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Regarding how many times I'd have to dump my 36 gallon Gray Tank #2 (Wash tank) When I'm on a full hook up site I drain it via a 3/4" GRAY garden hose and leave the valve open, this is the ONLY tank where I leave the dump valve open, the hose forms a natural water trap so sewer gas does not migrate out of the ground into my RV via this path. So i'd only dump once a week, all week, from 12:00:01AM on the first day to .. Well the start of the next week.

But more important.... I have a six gallon water heater, With a couple tricks I can kick it up to 10 or the equivalent of 10, but how many gallons of HOT do I need to fill that tub? (More I suspect) I'd need a flash heater for the tub.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be concerned about the weight. Not of the plastic tub, the water. At 8.3 pounds per gallon, you could wind up soaking under your RV instead of in it. That's not only expensive, its embarrassing. ๐Ÿ™‚
My parents were RVers. After many years and miles, they decided to swap their 'C' for a park model in Florida. They're designed to support a shower/tub combo because they sit on a concrete slab and have a full size water heater. Sure made my Mom happy.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

alfiedanielharr
Explorer
Explorer
I think, Few people will be interested to use the shower combo in their RV's. You have mentioned the tank less water heater. So, Could you please tell me the model or type of the water heater. Sometimes, The choice of water heater type will be helpful regarding for the fixation of shower combo in RV's.
shower conversions

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
RVMomof3 wrote:
We also put in prior a tank less water heater. So, we now have plenty of hot water to fill a big tub ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have you used the tank less water heater? Gas or Electric? Model? Reviews give mixed reports. How do you like yours?
Thanks
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Poppy & Nana wrote:
Just food for thought - how many times would you have to dump the grey tank in a weeks time if you used a HUGE bath tub??????

and how will you be using your RV? For the occasional summer trip, full timing? For anything besides full timing I'd prolly just book a spa day from time to time, LOL.

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Just food for thought - how many times would you have to dump the grey tank in a weeks time if you used a HUGE bath tub??????
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

RVMomof3
Explorer
Explorer
Currently, our RV has a bath tub combo, but just smaller ๐Ÿ˜• It's big enough for my younger child to take a bath, but not me. As a woman, I miss my baths! lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't used the bathtubs in our S&B in the 15 years we've lived here, except when young grandchildren visit. Our Class A just has a shower stall, and though a little bigger would be desirable, we haven't felt the need for anything else.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)