cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Couldnt get cable tv to work

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
I remembered to buy a cable for our latest trip but when I hooked it up it did not work. I put it in the cable tv port on the outside of the trailer. I was wondering if I should have put it in the satellite port instead and hooked the tv on the inside to the satellite port. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. The tv works with the roof antenna.
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8
19 REPLIES 19

catkins
Explorer
Explorer
I agree - check antenna booster OFF, TV signal input selection to cable on TV menu and then do a auto channel search on the TV. If that fails, something harder to fix is afoot................. every time you move locations v you must initiate a channel search on the digital TVs.

Hope you find an EASY answer.

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
tex wardfan wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:
Did you do a channel scan while on cable?

It just said no signal, so I did not.

Ya, that might just mean no signal for that particular channel. Do a scan first and see if that changes anything. Then, before you go changing where the cable is plugged, go through the input menu on your TV to make sure it's set to a signal from a different input.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Then there is Chattahoochee Bend State Park. The campground is wired, to nothing. They prewired the campground when they built, but have no service.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
tex wardfan wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:

Although it says there is no signal your remote will still operate the TV. Go to the "menu" on your remote. Select it and it will bring up many options for setting up the TV. You are looking for an onscreen menu to select either cable or antenna. You must select cable and then run a scan to find your channels. When on over the air you have to change the TV back to antenna.

Don't be afraid to ask any of the guest or management to help.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Community Alumni
Not applicable
tex wardfan wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:

On mine, when I get a no signal message I do an auto scan.

robrose1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My trailer was labeled wrong from the factory. They had cable connections backwards
Rob and Rose
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 29FWRLS
2006 GMC DURAMAX/ALLISON

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:

Community Alumni
Not applicable

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Robert_B wrote:
Every cable end connector was loose from the factory. I had to redo them all to get a signal through to the TV.
Run your cable from the CG box through a window and directly into the back on the TV. If it works, that tells you if it's a problem inside.

Also, my TV has a NTSC digital tuner (not a QAM digital tuner). At some campgrounds, I can't receive anything because the signal from the cable provided requires a QAM tuner.

Great idea. I need to try that.

rambotheshark
Explorer
Explorer
Rover_Bill wrote:
Does the CG require an extra fee for TV cable service? They may have their end of the cable turned off.

Yep, start with this for troubleshooting.

Robert_B
Explorer
Explorer
Every cable end connector was loose from the factory. I had to redo them all to get a signal through to the TV.
Run your cable from the CG box through a window and directly into the back on the TV. If it works, that tells you if it's a problem inside.

Also, my TV has a NTSC digital tuner (not a QAM digital tuner). At some campgrounds, I can't receive anything because the signal from the cable provided requires a QAM tuner.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have three TV's one will not receive ATSC (over the air transmissions) when on cable or QAM on "Antenna" the others could care less, the settings only determine which frequencies they scan.

But one more thing that I just recalled.... helping a woman with her Cable TV here in the park I"m in where cable is included... Turns out a prior owner had ripped out the cables.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

1ofmany
Explorer
Explorer
You might also check to make sure the "source" in you tv menu is properly set...sometimes going from one source to another will locate which is required for your particular setup.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Inside the RV is one of two switches. one is a wall plate, 12 volt outlet, light, switch and antenna connection. SWITCH (And light) must be off, NOTE if light does not work you have a problem that needs fixing.

The other is a box of many buttons (Matrix Switch) and you must press the correct button(s) (Marked Main TV/Cable)

Finally. In this case I do not think a prior owner would have messed it up.. but it's possible.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times